we are getting dissed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they try and diss us? they a bunch of washed up rooty poot gangstas...lemme go get my nine...

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 29 2002, 04:52 PM
My car isn't too happy after driving through all that mess- I got pretty deep 3-4 times, and had to back up and turn around while revving the engine (and frying the clutch) to keep the exhaust clear of water. I pulled my damn bumper off on one side (that's how high the water was) and cracked another part of my passenger fender apart. Seeing water go over your hood isn't fun.

:blink:

damn sounds exciting. glad you did not suck up anywater through your cia

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 29 2002, 09:58 PM-->
@Oct 29 2002, 04:52 PM

My car isn't too happy after driving through all that mess- I got pretty deep 3-4 times, and had to back up and turn around while revving the engine (and frying the clutch) to keep the exhaust clear of water.  I pulled my damn bumper off on one side (that's how high the water was) and cracked another part of my passenger fender apart.  Seeing water go over your hood isn't fun.

:blink:

damn sounds exciting. glad you did not suck up anywater through your cia

He doesn't have a CAI, he uses a short ram which in Houston is a VERY good idea.

Yup. I don't care what kind of bypass valves or whatever you have on your CAI... the bypass only works if your filter is submerged in water- it will still pull little bits of water straight into your engine, bypass or not.

I'll stick to my bigass filter on a short stick.

how can cai pull more air in from the air box location? i think the short ram would pull more in from where you put it behind the light and what not

CAI does pull in less air than a short ram- the tube is longer, and the filter is generally smaller... but it pulls in colder air, so the oxygen density is still higher- and so it makes more power.

Back