Football Pick'EM 2009-2010

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nfc east is overrated like college football's sec. it's all the hype from being on the east coast and having the largest portion of the population. for all the hype the NFC east gets about having the best teams, they rarely win the superbowl. i mean, as far as considering the amount of press pump they get. you would think that the best team from the best division would be a lock to be in the super bowl every year.
Sorry, it's more than just hype...

wikipedia said:
NFC East teams have a combined 19 Super Bowl appearances and eleven wins, the highest marks of any division in the NFL. Each of the current NFC East's four teams has won at least three NFL championships during their existence, however only Philadelphia has yet to win a championship in the Super Bowl era. Given the division members histories and intense rivalries, many sports analysts and fans regard the NFC East as the toughest division in the NFL. In the early 1990s the division claimed four consecutive Super Bowl champions, as the Cowboys won two and the Giants and Redskins took one each (those same three teams won seven out of ten Super Bowls, from 1987-1996).

it's hype in 2009. they have only won 1 super bowl in the last 13 years. the new england patriots alone have won 3x as many. as far as numbers are concerned, it's all relative. as far as 'best' division goes, it is all subject to change yearly.

i will acknowledge that they do have the best rivalries. all of the teams are over 40 years old and don't have a single expansion team.

it's hype in 2009. they have only won 1 super bowl in the last 13 years. the new england patriots alone have won 3x as many. as far as numbers are concerned, it's all relative. as far as 'best' division goes, it is all subject to change yearly.

i will acknowledge that they do have the best rivalries. all of the teams are over 40 years old and don't have a single expansion team.
lol that's not what you said though. you said they rarely win the superbowl, which statistics show, is not true.

of course best division will change from season to season but the fact remains is that every NFC East team is very dangerous. unlike the other divisions where maybe 2 teams in that particular division are threats to the whole league.

on another note, I hope Dallas doesn't give up a ton of rushing yards to NY like they did to Tampa. It's gonna be a long season if teams keep stacking rushing yards on them :(

lol that's not what you said though. you said they rarely win the superbowl, which statistics show, is not true.

of course best division will change from season to season but the fact remains is that every NFC East team is very dangerous. unlike the other divisions where maybe 2 teams in that particular division are threats to the whole league.

on another note, I hope Dallas doesn't give up a ton of rushing yards to NY like they did to Tampa. It's gonna be a long season if teams keep stacking rushing yards on them :(

No fucking joke. They didnt get the run worked out till the 4th quarter and brandon jacobs is scarier than williams, but in fairness, i don't see williams play as much as i see jacobs play.

well im glad NO's defense and special teams are playing well... looks like that pick went the way i wanted it too. yay.

haha.. i typed that before i knew what the score was... last i saw they were only down by 3 .. lol

i have faith in my Eagles..
fuck the Eagles!!! :fuckyou2: :D

Although may i be the first to say 'holy shit, the jets beat the patriots'.
I picked NY to beat the NE :D from what I saw last week from NE's offense and NY's new defense, i knew the way i wanted to pick. Plus NY was at home :D

Oh, and thank you Dallas for fixing your rushing defense but deciding to forget all about your passing defense... Fucking tards!!! :mad::mad::mad:

fuck the Eagles!!! :fuckyou2: :D

I picked NY to beat the NE :D from what I saw last week from NE's offense and NY's new defense, i knew the way i wanted to pick. Plus NY was at home :D

Oh, and thank you Dallas for fixing your rushing defense but deciding to forget all about your passing defense... Fucking tards!!! :mad::mad::mad:

/me wonders what the game would have been like had tony NOT thrown 3 picks and the defense could keep people OUT of the red zone (dont get me wrong, im VERY happy that no one scores while in the red zone).

Too many upsets this week.

Cinci, NYJ, Chicago, Houston. I mean Houston you MIGHT have guessed. The others are doubtful.

Wow that Dallas D was awful the other night. Romo continues to make blunders in big games.

Peyton Manning. What else can you say. They had no business winning that game last night, and did anyhow.

Edit:

Whoever said the SEC is overrated, um, I think that conference has produced the last 3 national champions, and 5 of the last 11.

Not an SEC fan, I live in Big Ten country, but the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

Last edited:
i dont know wtf was up with dallas' D, BUT, i love how everyone says they suck and yet they only allowed one touchdown that wasn't from field position from a turn over. Tony was the GIANT issue sunday. The job the defense did would have won a game with < 3 turnovers.

They produced 0 sacks and 0 turnovers, and allowed 2 mostly unknown WR's to each catch 10 passes.

Remember the Giants are supposed to be a run based team. Any time the Cowboys score 30+, it should be an automatic win.

They produced 0 sacks and 0 turnovers, and allowed 2 mostly unknown WR's to each catch 10 passes.

Remember the Giants are supposed to be a run based team. Any time the Cowboys score 30+, it should be an automatic win.

im blaming 0 sacks on jerry jones for letting greg ellis go. jay ratliff and greg ellis both demanded double teams which left demarcus free for his sacks last year. Now, that just isn't the case. Ratliff doesn't get sacks and doesn't provide enough of a problem to free up dware on the outside.

0 turnovers is normal cowboys d.

eli manning can actually play the game, and no matter how unknown manningham is that kid is CRAZY fast.

I know all about Manningham. I'm a born and bred U of M fan.

He's gonna be good.

Im a born and bred 'i watch college football only when the bcs championship is on, or if im at a bar on a saturday' fan. all the silly QB draws and option plays just boggle my mind. That's why, no matter how fun tim tebow is to watch, he's probably not playing in the nfl.

Back