Football Pick'EM 2009-2010

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

define 'playing in the nfl'....

i'll bet $50 he 'plays'

maybe as like a full back or a tight end. michael vicks don't make it long in the nfl (and not just because of the dog thing).

my prediction. late 3rd early 4th round draft pick.

team: san francisco, seattle, carolina

career 2nd or 4rd string qb.

I'd put money he's a 1st round draft pick. Belichick spends time with Urban Meyer every summer and apparently loves Tebow.

He did ok picking a guy named Tom Brady in the 6th round.

I would put money on the fact that bill is not going to take tebow in a draft. The spread works in college because a lot of the defenses just aren't stacked well enough to handle it. Even a team like the detroit lions could shut down florida's offense just because of the difference in talent and speed.

the wild cat really isn't all that effective in the NFL. if you dont believe me, go back and watch last night's colts dolphins game and explain to me why a team can have possession for 45 minutes and still lose.

I would put money on the fact that bill is not going to take tebow in a draft. The spread works in college because a lot of the defenses just aren't stacked well enough to handle it. Even a team like the detroit lions could shut down florida's offense just because of the difference in talent and speed.

the wild cat really isn't all that effective in the NFL. if you dont believe me, go back and watch last night's colts dolphins game and explain to me why a team can have possession for 45 minutes and still lose.

The wildcat was their best offensive play all night. They lost because Peyton Manning > Chad Pennington, plain and simple.

I'd put money he's a 1st round draft pick. Belichick spends time with Urban Meyer every summer and apparently loves Tebow.

He did ok picking a guy named Tom Brady in the 6th round.

it wont be 1st round. belichick was waiting for the 3rd or 4th round to get pat white, but he got picked up a little bit earlier.

qb's drafted:
1) sam bradford (if healthy)
2) colt mccoy
3) case keenum
4) todd reesing
5) zac robinson
6) MAYBE tebow

tebow may go higher, if he's not drafted to play qb.

We have learned today that the cowboys cannot win a game in which felix jones does not play. I dont know what that shit i watched today was but it definitely didnt feel like the cowboys.

My 49ers are tearing it up this season! About fucking time!

They have been so terrible to watch the last several years that I just haven't bothered. No good comes out of yelling profanities at a TV a couple hours a week..

Everything starts on the defensive side for Dallas. When their D can't get 3 and outs consistently, for some reason, the offense suffers. Thank Jerry Jones for getting rid of key players like Greg Ellis, Anthony Henry, and Roy Williams. Ellis gave another threat other than Ware to rush, Henry gave problems to any teams recievers, and Williams couldn't tackle or cover too well but he put fear into any recievers mind with his tackling power... IDK what the fuck to think about this season :disgust1:

They should have made a bigger push to get Ray Lewis and they should have never let go of TO. Say what you want about TO but he required double teaming at all times which free'd up Jason Witten a hell of a lot more than this season...

Last edited:
in all fairness:

greg ellis is a douche bag and just as big of a madonna as TO was. You don't really know that unless you live in dallas because the man can PLAY and that's what the national media covers. But it was going back to that whole 'there needs to be A non destructive leader in the locker room' thing. Now there are no leaders. Jason Witten could be it, but he's not as vocal to anyone except marty b.

Anthony Henry. What anthony henry could do (and roy williams) that most of the cowboys secondary cant is open field tackles. When the runner bounces outside you dont see those shoulder nudges and hoping someone's going to fall down. you dont see 'ZOMG HE GONNA EAT ME' faces. You see someone man up, put a hit on someone, and make a tackle (ala sensabaugh when he bruised his ribs). I agree 1000000% that those two guys should be back on the roster.

As for TO, I'll give you the fact that he did free up jason witten for more plays but not so much for the double team, but for the perpetual state of cover 2 you have to play when TO's on the field and a reasonably good qb is behind center. When you're playing cover 2 you usually too deep playing coverage to catch the 8yd pass to witten on the short slant. and usually they pass his coverage off to an OLB which, if you watch tape, is just a complete and total mismatch.

We were happy to see Roy Williams (the receiver) go to Dallas here in Detroit.

And if Roy Williams (the safety) could actually play, someone, anyone, in the NFL would have picked him up. Sorry guys, he was the most over rated safety in football the last 5 years.

The bottom line is if your defense gives up basically 10 pts the first 55 minutes of the game, they have enough playmakers on offense to win.

Dallas will continue to beat bad teams and lose to good teams. The 3rd best team in the division probably. At least my lions don't tease us with mediocrity, they just lose to everyone.

It was a fluke. They'll probably beat St Louis too, and maybe Cleveland, but that's it. Top 5 draft pick again for sure.

Speaking of Cleveland; WTF. They arent my team (theyre my dads) but they must hate their fans. They finally create some excitement and put on a decent game only to still lose. At least when they get their asses kicked you know the L is coming. If I played on their D I would wanna kick some offensive ass right about now.

brett favruh

undoubtably they greatest nfl player of all time. the stats, the longevity, the will to win, and the heart it takes.

good for him.

brett favruh

undoubtably they greatest nfl player of all time. the stats, the longevity, the will to win, and the heart it takes.

good for him.

Undoubtably may be a bit of an exaggeration.

Not even the best QB of all time, despite the stats he has put up.

Give me someone who won more than 1 Super Bowl any day.

Going by numbers alone, Manning is gonna shatter all his records by a mile. And he's won just as many SB's.

manning has had a hall of fame running back and 2 hall of fame receivers play for him.

favre has not.

Back