oh noossss did the postman leave me gifts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Car is pretty much done, only thing left to do is install my fuel pressure reg, fuel return line, 3.3 rear end, vacuum distribution block, and get it tuned, I have a date set for tuning next Saturday the 3rd.

Most of 102 pictures had commentary by me, but I just skipped that and figured you could figure out whats what, everything was done in my 1 bedroom apartment's garage, thankfully I've yet to get any letters from the office about noise issues. =)
When I had my civic done, I learned that skimping a little here or there is a very bad thing to do. My goal with this car is to do everything right from the get go and not have to upgrade anything down the road. As of right now my motor the only limiting factor in the car. anywho onto the pictures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Tial Wastegate
Tial BOV
600cc injectors
Utec
3" charge pipes
3" exhuast/downpipe
GT35R turbo
HKS VI
Wideband O2/EGT

If the motor was built, I should see around 650WHP being the motor is the limiting factor, I'm going to tune it as safe as I can for a stock block, hoping to see around 400/400 for a nice street tune. If shit hits the fan and it blows up, I'll build it for the most usable power on the street. That should be around 550WHP The kit I'm running with a different turbo and minor changes fuel wise has seen over 900WHP however, this car is meant for one thing. a weekend toy, its not a race car, it wont see the drag strip or any race track, it is straight up a fun street car. So the GT35R should keep me more then happy.

Here's some pictures from today, Just put it back together and lowered it down from the jack stands.

zz1.jpg

zz2.jpg

zz3.jpg

zz4.jpg

zz5.jpg

zz6.jpg

Car sounds like a total beast, its sick, I wish I had some worth while recording devices so I could give you a good idea of what it sounds like, its super deep. It's also fucking loud, I wont drive it without my custom bartender/musicians ear plugs, its easily over 100db under load. I was hoping the turbo would help reduce the sound but it didn't, its loud to the point that I might think about changing my exhaust.

I recorded a clip using my digital camera but it clearly can't pass on the deep note of this car.

www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/z/easydriving.mp3

Car still isn't tuned so I'm not getting on it, I'm running a base 550cc map.

Last edited:
That car looks ridiculously clean. I didn't think I would like the kit at all. I'm not sure if I like the hood, though.

That car looks ridiculously clean. I didn't think I would like the kit at all. I'm not sure if I like the hood, though.

gotta see it in person, it fits the body.

Before doing the hood people kept telling me not to do the hood yada yada after doing it anyways because I liked the picture I had in my head of it, everyone so far has really liked it.

the kit is very aggressive and needs a very aggressive hood, I'm very happy with how it turned out. Did a good bit of custom work to the body kit, it had large fog lights and made the car look like a big smiling celica gts also shaved all of the kits badging.

That is extremely sexy. Props for doing everything right the first time. I've always kicked myself for cutting corners in the past. General rule of thumb always holds true - if its worth doing, its worth doing right.

Jeff gets bonus points for doing the install in a small garage on jackstands.

looks great, very aggressive but not over the top... Ripper vids FTW.... cant wait to see the numbers... Also who makes the kit (up pipes/charge pipes etc) by the way?

Damn. That's really sexy. Nice clean install too.

It almost looks factory too; if it weren't for the charge pipes visible through the bumper.

Also, nice job on getting the seams and everything to line up correctly. Looks very professional, I wouldn't have been able to pull off anything of this magnitude.

The vent hole is a common mod people do with 350Zs The air filter sits right behind that, there's even a hole in the rad support to allow air into the motor. so the cutout allows for air to go directly into the engine bay. In my case I have a 3" pipe behind it, so I'm either going to shave the hole, or leave it be since the pipe looks pretty mean.

Body kit isn't to bad, the rear has some small spots I would have liked to be better but I'm anal about shit and want it perfect, also the hood was a total PITA I had to drill out and file down the hood latch and hood hinges, again a total pita. but in the end it fit right and looks nice.

Looks amazing man. And probably will haul balls with a good tune.

Back