Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Add exhaust and some nice stock OEM honda wheels with that extra grand you got left over :thumbsup:

No more yellow wheels :ph34r:

His wheels haven't been yellow for a while. The bronze he coated them in looks pretty good. Finally... :p

Problem solved.

New wheel color! It looks exceptional for $10 paint, no prep work (only washed) and high humidity.

IMG_20111005_135046.jpg

IMG_20111005_171621.jpg

IMG_20111005_171633.jpg

IMG_20111005_202423.jpg

IMG_20111005_203717.jpg

IMG_20111005_204621.jpg

I fabed up a lower bracket for the header last night, just a little peace of mind. I was about to start welding my cherry bomb glasspack on...but I can't do it, its too haggard for this build. My dad and I were thinking of making an exhaust from scratch but I know it would fit like shittt.

I really don't want to spend anymore money but I'm pretty sure I want an Apexi WS2 catback. I think it's my best bet at $650 shipped. Plus I already have the 3 way test pipe so it's going to fit. I'm just thinking out loud here...

I was thinkIng you could get an aluminized exhaust kit but in the cold climates, I would shell out the cash for the WS2 exhaust. I like the looks and the sound is mild. In any event, Stainless steel is what I would get for Canada. I went with the aluminized kit but my car is in the garage 85+% of the time and I'm in the California valley.

apexi ws2 is awesome quiet when u want it to be (cops) and loud when u get deep in the floor board

Hey guys, been a while. I got my license back and been cruising ever since. The car is running reliably and strong, not a hickup. Although the exhaust is driving me crazy the gas mileage is good. The motor doesn't leak a single thing I'm happy about that :) but it burns a quart of oil every 800KM or 500 ish miles, typical for the age of the motor.

The car is handling very well with all of the suspension add-ons. I still need an alignment but its close enough for now. Plus its going to need brakes sooner or later, I believe the calipers are seized. It just means more things to upgrade when the money comes through lol.

Whats new in the HS world? haha

My header just took a poop on me :( I have no idea why, never dented or anything. I'm dealing with the vendor right now, hopefully the bracket I welded on doesn't void the warranty...

IMG_20120316_124054.jpg

IMG_20120316_124101.jpg

IMG_20120316_124117.jpg

IMG_20120316_124125.jpg

Do you have a picture of the installation? (showing bracket) I'll send up some of the 304 Stainless soon, haven't done anything with it yet and have plenty.

I won't even speculate on what I'm looking at - cuz it could be many things. Will say it shouldn't have done that.

Excess vibration with the engine? Motor mounts ok?

I've ran the el cheapo header on mine for 2+ years with no bracket and it's doing fine.

Exhaust hangers in decent shape? Did the car bottom out on anything?

Agreed, that sux.

I was thinkIng you could get an aluminized exhaust kit but in the cold climates, I would shell out the cash for the WS2 exhaust. I like the looks and the sound is mild.

I was looking at the WS2 for my RSX and I found out that it's not all stainless anymore. The muffler still is, but the piping is mild steel with some type of coating on it. I mean, it might be fine, but just a heads up.

I think I'm going to do the Invidia Q300 instead. Similar type of deal, it's stockish looking and not too loud, but it's all stainless...

Oops....

I would say you are definitely on to something there.

fellas... i think we've lost brad to the one thing that will make a guy ignore his car and taake showers... indeed a female's grasp.... he'll be back... we a;ll come back... ask mr 500... lol
how many times have you been gone and came back?

I'm curious and pissed off about the header.

He bought it off the replica vendor here....right? It's super new...low miles and the weld separated. :thumbsdown:

No nice smelling tingy-tang would stop me from a resolution with that header/company

Maybe he got it handled but......it don't seem like it.

fellas... i think we've lost brad to the one thing that will make a guy ignore his car and taake showers... indeed a female's grasp.... he'll be back... we a;ll come back... ask mr 500... lol
I done been gone a couple of times, maybe more than a couple and it was great! :thumbsup:

HAHAHAAH fuck it was true. Shes gone and now I'm back. Ohhh too funny...

Back