sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It may bend the two pieces slightly apart if he bent it back the other way. Bye bye seal. Then it'd be his fault, and no return then. Its not like the cars ready to run with it now, so why take even the slight chance on a most likely expensive part.

exactly. i am going to be cutting the spare tire well so the cell sits flush on a sheet of aluminum and i dont want to have any seal problems. besides, i paid a small fortune for this cell so i want it to be perfect.

also, that is a steel can and its pretty thick. that had to have been a massive drop to bend it like that. i would hate to get it all fixed and ready to go to find out that my fuel sender unit got damaged in the drop.

any of you guys know what kind of car these control arms came off of? left is stamped with "LK" and the right with "RK".
2011-06-23_22-20-20_56.jpg

You can probably get some good stuff for those if they are EG. I couldn't find and sphericals for any part of the stock EF suspension. I'm not great at finding things though :x I just have crappy k sports and they are weak and a little bendy. Def doing something else before next summer.

few updates, got my door glass in. i still need to mess with it to get it to fit right, rad hoses, spark plugs, clutch line, etc etc has been installed. shit still looks the same tho haha

2011-07-03_15-17-57_791.jpg

2011-07-03_15-18-18_381.jpg

What colour is the body? Looks real close to Smoke Gray Enamel by Rust-O-Leum.

DISCLAIMER: The above question and comment are genuine. No BS, no insult or sarcasm. OP has sprayed plenty of paint, epoxy (oil & water base), enamels, latex, lacquers, varethane, polyurethane, gelcoat.......

Work%20Bench.jpg

Comparing the two, your car could be a little darker - that may be the lighting.

Last edited:
What colour is the body? Looks real close to Smoke Gray Enamel by Rust-O-Leum.

DISCLAIMER: The above question and comment are genuine. No BS, no insult or sarcasm. OP has sprayed plenty of paint, epoxy (oil & water base), enamels, latex, lacquers, varethane, polyurethane, gelcoat.......

haha i never did a cut and buff so no offense taken. it is saab dolphin gray

haha i never did a cut and buff so no offense taken. it is saab dolphin gray
It looks good man. Engine bay is sweet. Any idea when it goes to the drag strip? You're not going to run that on the street are you? Really like the look of the ITB intake setup. Always have likee the Hilborn long tube injectors some of the old school NHRA guys use to run. I have a cousin that had a 327 chevy with the hilborn's on it in a 1963 chevy II nova that he ran on alcohol - on the street. Made about 600hp. Joe Begosian built the engine for him. Father/Son project for his high school graduation present. Finished it up about a year after he graduated.

Landys%20Dodge.JPG

The finish is probably what I noticed - no cut and polish yet. I spray a lot of my shop equipment with the Smoke Gray Rust-O-Leum. Use a small gravity feed gun or a 2qt pressure feed gun. Cut it with MEK and it flows nice and dries fast.

Sorry for the thread jack and nostalgia. Blame it on those OBX ITB's!!!!

Your project really looks nice.

Last edited:
It looks good man. Engine bay is sweet. Any idea when it goes to the drag strip? You're not going to run that on the street are you?

The finish is probably what I noticed - no cut and polish yet.

wont be running on the drag strip or the street. :D

Back